Fun Christmas Facts
As Christmas approaches, Europa Trust Company Ltd shares five fun facts about Christmas to warm your heart during the festive season.
• Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was created by the Montgomery Ward Department Store in 1939 as part of a promotional book given to their shoppers.
• Many zoos around the World accept old donated Christmas trees which are used as food for their animals after the festive season.
• ‘Jingle Bells’ was the first song sung in space. It was sung by astronauts on-board Gemini 6 on 16 December 1965.
• The Statue of Liberty was a Christmas day gift from France to America in 1886. It weighs 225 tons is considered the biggest Christmas gift in the world.
• Coca-Cola did not create the modern red illustration of Santa Claus. Santa had been portrayed in red from the early 19th century and his current image was created by a cartoonist in 1870’s.
We hope you have enjoyed these five fun facts about Christmas. We wish you and your family a happy holiday festive season.
Your Views and Comments
Do you have any comments about our news? We would love to hear from you. Please reply, the best comments may be shared.
Working with The Europa Group
Europa Trust Company Ltd is part of the Europa Group. We have been based in Gibraltar for over 33 years and have built a reputation as a stable and reputable business.
We provide a comprehensive range of company and trust formation and management services including company and trust administration, foundations, partnerships, corporate directors, shareholders and secretaries, accounting, marine registration and other associated services.
Our clients are an eclectic mix of international executives, authors, sportsmen, corporations, wealthy individuals, families and many more. Their individual interests and needs are at the centre of our focus. Each client benefits from the experience and multi-jurisdiction knowledge of a dedicated Europa Group professional.
The Europa Group is able to work in over 31 jurisdictions around the World. We are licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Commission and are ISO 27001 (Information Security Management Systems) and ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems) certified.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you.