Over the past few weeks, we have had some interesting conversations with clients, intermediaries, and friends about the current global lockdown situation and Gibraltar. Given the amount of interest, we have decided to write to you to provide some clarity because we feel it is important that people know the difference between facts and fake news.
Business as Usual
Despite the global lockdowns, for us it is very much a case of business as usual but carried out differently. People should not expect any dramatic reduction in our services levels.
New Business Continues
Remarkably, even during the lockdown, global interest in Gibraltar, Gibraltar incorporations, Gibraltar redomiciliations and Gibraltar company activity spiked sharply in the first quarter of 2020 and interest in the Europa Group continues.
There is unity between all political parties within Gibraltar and agreement to work together in order to face any challenge. This pandemic has demonstrated Gibraltar’s stability and skill in crisis management.
Important Points to Remember
- Ignore all “hype” and fake commentaries by people who really do not understand global events, particularly health matters.
- Stay calm and do not make any emotional business decisions.
- Enjoy business as usual from the Europa Group.
- New business interest continues
- Markets often panic. They have panicked a lot worse than this many other times. The important thing to remember is that markets will recover.
- There is unity as all political parties are working together
- Focus on the long term. If you are a long term investor then remain invested. Stick to your plan!
- New opportunities will present themselves.
- Gibraltar retains its many advantages as a financial jurisdiction – Click here for more info.
Gibraltar will maintain its status as a safe and stable choice and as a global financial centre by continuing to provide easy access to the EU and UK financial markets. Gibraltar’s diversified and stable economy will continue with the principal sectors of yachting and shipping, financial services, tourism, E-gaming and ship refueling with little or no change.
Please contact your relationship manager if you wish to redomicile, restructure or establish a new Gibraltar company
Working with The Europa Group
Europa Trust Company Ltd is part of the Europa Group. We have been based in Gibraltar for over 35 years and have built a reputation as a stable and reputable business.
We provide a comprehensive range of company and trust formation and management services including company and trust administration, foundations, partnerships, corporate directors, shareholders and secretaries, accounting, marine registration and other associated services.
Our clients are an eclectic mix of international executives, authors, sportsmen, corporations, wealthy individuals, families and many more. Their individual interests and needs are at the centre of our focus. Each client benefits from the experience and multi-jurisdiction knowledge of a dedicated Europa Group professional.
The Europa Group is able to work in over 31 jurisdictions around the World. We are licensed and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and are ISO 27001 (Information Security Management Systems) and ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems) certified.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you.