Take advantage of Ireland’s excellent international reputation. Ireland offers an ideal hub for organisations seeking a European base and offers access to the European Market.
INFORMATION ON IRELAND
Ireland is the second-largest island of the British Isles, the third-largest in Europe. In 2011, the population of Ireland was approximately 6.4 million, ranking it the second-most populous island in Europe after Great Britain. There are three World Heritage Sites on the island. Ireland has made a large contribution to world literature, including poetry which date back from the 6th century.
Ireland is a committed member of the European Union. It provides an ideal hub for organisations seeking a European base and offers guaranteed access to the European market. Ireland has a small highly globalised economy, with a large exporting sector, and a and a significant number of multinational corporations.
ADVANTAGES OF AN IRISH COMPANY
- The Irish tax regime is open and transparent and complies fully with OECD guidelines and EU
- EU-approved stable tax regime.
- 12.5% corporate tax rate on trading income is one of the lowest ‘onshore’ statutory corporate
tax rates in the world.
- Ireland has signed comprehensive Double Taxation Agreements with 72 countries; 70 of
these are in effect.
- Excellent Intellectual Property (IP) regime which provides a tax write-off for broadly defined IP
- Effective zero tax rate for foreign dividend.No thin capitalisation provisions.
- An attractive holding company regime, including participation exemption for gains on
disposals of most shares; – an effective zero tax rate for foreign dividends (12.5% tax rate on
qualifying foreign dividends, with flexible onshore pooling of foreign tax credits).
- Generous domestic law withholding tax exemptions.
- Attractive reliefs for staff assigned from abroad, key staff working in R&D and staff carrying
out work in certain countries.
- Skilled labour force with a pool of qualified lawyers, accountants and chartered secretaries.
- Efficient communication system.
- An efficient & reliable banking system with the presence of numerous international banks.
- A stable political system.
- A developed infrastructure linking Ireland with Europe and the US.