It is necessary to review your corporate structure from time to time. What worked well in the past might not be as beneficial today. Some jurisdictions might impose onerous requirements for the continued management of a company. On the other hand, the country in which a company holds its assets may become more complicated. A recent example is Gibraltar companies holding assets in Spain.
A quick solution is often a simple redomicilliation of the company. This means that you change the current country of registration to another country that offers a more beneficial scenario, while we would continue to manage the structure on your behalf.
We will take a closer look at three excellent jurisdictions in the USA and the advantages they can offer your redomiciled company or new incorporation. Our last newsletter featured Florida . Today’s featured jurisdiction is Delaware.
Information on Delaware
Delaware is known as “The First State” and “The Diamond State” in America. The State takes its name from the nearby Delaware River, named after Thomas West, 3rd Baron De La Warr, an English nobleman and Virginia’s first colonial governor. The Blue Hen chicken is the State Bird. Delaware is the domicile of over 50% of all NYSE-listed business and 60% of the Fortune 500 companies. The most prominent Delawarean is Joe Biden, the 46th and current President of the United States.
Advantages of a Delaware State Limited Liability Corporation (LLC)
- Delaware is world-renowned in corporate circles and considered a premier legal home to companies around the world.
- Delaware’s State Government is business-friendly and accessible.
- Relatively simple and efficient process to incorporate and manage.
- You do not have to live in Delaware to have a Delaware company and do not require an attorney to incorporate.
- The Delaware General Corporation Law is the most advanced and flexible business formation statute in America.
- Delaware law also permits and provides efficient procedures for business combinations and other transactions, including mergers, transfers, and conversions.
- Delaware LLC’s include a strong principle of freedom of contract, allowing managers and investors to reach the optimal solutions for the needs of both
If you decide to redomicile or incorporate a new Delaware corporation, the process is simple and straight forward. Speak to us today so we can assist you further.
Working with The Europa Group
Europa Trust Company Ltd is part of the Europa Group. We have been based in Gibraltar for over 35 years and have built a reputation as a stable and reputable business.
We provide a comprehensive range of company and trust formation and management services including company and trust administration, foundations, partnerships, corporate directors, shareholders and secretaries, accounting, marine registration and other associated services.
Our clients are an eclectic mix of international executives, authors, sportsmen, corporations, wealthy individuals, families and many more. Their individual interests and needs are at the centre of our focus. Each client benefits from the experience and multi-jurisdiction knowledge of a dedicated Europa Group professional.
The Europa Group is able to work in over 31 jurisdictions around the World and we are authorised and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you.